Please apply by Friday March 7, 2014.
Job Descriptions below:
The Dunnottar Community Club (DCC) (located in Matlock, Manitoba) is seeking a Recreational Director to lead the summer activities at the DCC for the months of July and August. The Recreational Director will be responsible for planning and delivering a variety of summer programs (arts & crafts, sports, games, dances, and special events). The specific responsibilities of the RD are to:
- To provide a safe, fun, varied summer program for children and youth of the DCC.
- To supervise and seek assistance of the hired counsellors in providing this program.
- To maintain an acceptable degree of cleanliness and orderliness in the clubhouse and on the grounds.
- The Recreational Director is directly responsible to a volunteer Board of Directors and will assist the Board in Staff selection, if required. The RD will contact counsellors and meet with them prior to the start of program, to discuss job expectations, purchase of supplies and program plans for the season.
The Director will also be expected to:
- Plan program and submit for inclusion in the calendar, and distribute throughout community.
- Organize equipment and the Community Club.
- Mentor counsellors and regularly provide them with feedback in a way that helps them to grow in their job.
- Communicate regularly with counsellors about activities, and expectations of their roles.
- Work irregular hours such as evenings, weekends, staggered hours, etc. when needed.
A more detailed job description is available upon request. Interested applicants should apply by Friday, March 7th to Sheila at Sheila's Email
Summer Counsellor Position
The Board of the Dunnottar Community Club is accepting applications for the position of Summer Counsellor for the summer of 2014. The role of Summer Counsellor is:
1. To assist the Recreational Director in providing a safe, fun and varied summer program for children at the DCC.
2. To maintain and acceptable degree of cleanliness and orderliness in the clubhouse and on the grounds.
If you enjoy working with children and would like to be part of the summer staff at the DCC, please submitted your application by Friday, March 7th to Sheila at Sheila's Email
Applicants must be sixteen years old to apply for the Summer Counsellor position.
|The Dunnottar Community Club is painted and ready for summer 2014|