We have extended the deadline to April 15, 2014.
The Dunnottar Community Club (DCC) (located in Matlock, Manitoba) is seeking a Recreational Director to lead the summer activities at the DCC for the months of July and August. The Recreational Director will be responsible for planning and delivering a variety of summer programs (arts & crafts, sports, games, dances, and special events). The specific responsibilities of the RD are to:
- To provide a safe, fun, varied summer program for children and youth of the DCC.
- To supervise and seek assistance of the hired counsellors in providing this program.
- To maintain an acceptable degree of cleanliness and orderliness in the clubhouse and on the grounds.
- The Recreational Director is directly responsible to a volunteer
Board of Directors and will assist the Board in Staff selection, if
required. The RD will contact counsellors and meet with them prior to
the start of program, to discuss job expectations, purchase of supplies
and program plans for the season.
The Director will also be expected to:
- Plan program and submit for inclusion in the calendar, and distribute throughout community.
- Organize equipment and the Community Club.
- Mentor counsellors and regularly provide them with feedback in a way that helps them to grow in their job.
- Communicate regularly with counsellors about activities, and expectations of their roles.
- Work irregular hours such as evenings, weekends, staggered hours, etc. when needed.
A more detailed job description is available upon request. Interested applicants should apply by Friday, March 7th to Sheila at Sheila's Email
|Sand Castle Building contest summer 2014 - Dunnottar Community Club|